Thursday 20 December 2012

Design for Print - Design Development - Indesign layouts

Applying Indesign to my front cover :

I still wanted the colour idea to merge through, but with this stage of development i also wanted to add the forms of stock into the designs. By layering the colours i could created an almost 'paper pile' feature to the design. 




The white negative space allows me to ad type and a header format to the design. The design works best when horizontal to look like paper.


Adding and applying forms of text to the designs. The use of adding this text creates a more creative front cover option. 



Front Cover Designs:

Includes image and background ideas for each section of the book / each booklet:



Creating a 'paper stock' pile. These expeiemrnt are all introducing forms of very simple illustration. They work quite well but look boring so i feel that i need to add more designs.


One of the main thing i feel that have learnt through doing all these workshops is to 'learn the Rules and then break them.' I wanted to display this visually but i wanted it to work with the simplicity of the format of my booklet designs. 


Design Development:




Adding the paper to the background of what i have already developed. I quite like the use of negative space within the box shaped areas. I feel it draws attention and looks effective when in overlaid onto a background.



USING GRIDS:

To design my pages on Indesign I developed a simple grid format which should help with my designs. i USED PRIMARY PHOTOGRPAHY OF THE STUDIO to relate to the type i wanted to add.












Using image from each of the designs i had previously created i started to develop my designs pages started to get more organised. I feel that the designs are basic but i want the designs to be for students who just need to flick through to find the right information. Therefore i don't want the booklets to be overflowing with text.

Eveything what i am doing now is all new to me. The design route i have decided to go down is very different to what i originally wanted and could of done. by changing and deciding on a new idea route the designs i have created have started to take on a new style I am not over fond with. tHE DESIGNS LOOK to basic i feel but they have been well thought out and developed. This has opened me up info the newer ways of design that allow me to develop my skills further. It has introduced me to new illustor and indesign techniques including layout, sturture, placement and general artwork formats etc. 




No comments:

Post a Comment