Wednesday 19 December 2012

Uk Greetings - Hand Rendered Illustration Design Development

After creating a few mock up design on subject matters i have chosen to focus my content around:

- Happy 

Therefore:

- Happy Birthday
- Happy Christmas
- Happy creative Day
- Happy mothers Day
- Happy Friend day

ETC.

This would be the best place for me to create uniue and quicky designs for different age ranges and genders and gve me a chance to explore illustartion.

TO THE DRAWING BOARD:

I've spent a few days trying to gather a basis of viaually development of sketching and illustartive work:

Sketches:


Using a brio I quickly sketched some ideas and illustrations that I personally would feel would look good across a range.

This allows me to experiment with a lot of different illustaions. From this selection i can narrow down the designs into categories and then select the best designs to carry further.


'Theme of happy travel' simple line illustration that could look effective when digitally worked on.


'Quirky' Gypsy design : 

Focusing on hand drawn and quirky experiments from artists and designers i focused on creating a CHARACTER.

I think that devloping a character is more creative and appealing. By creating a character you are able to imply expression and a theme and create quirky designs. 







Scans of my image sketches and devlopment of 'CHARACTER' theme. The idea o fcreating a charcter then impacts on a persons reaction:

Weather they are happy or sad or enjoy the image or dislike it or feel it is relevant or not. 

Creating these designs allows me to see what design work well and what do not. 

I need to devlop these designs futher on illustartor to 'bring them to life' but i feel that i need to devlop some computer based designs with shape and vectors before i merge the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment