Thursday 19 April 2012

Type and Grid (Re-visited) 2.

I experimented with more newspaper designs so i could continue and develop my skills. Using measurement tools I can start to measure the point size of each section on text. Using this tool makes it very accurate when preparing type girds.


Point Size: 







This is the information and notes i took when we had our first session. I feel that the information will come in handy to experiment with various type and gird aspects: 




NOTES IN COMPARISON WITH GRID LINES:



DESIGN SHEETS - TYPE AND GRID:

Here's some experiments i created due to the above newspaper designs. I have roughly sketched out some designs. These double page spreads continue to use layout and colour to distinguish information.




Through these design sheets i feel i have come across a design i can use for the INDESIGN section of this brief. I feel that a very simple design would be most effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment