Tuesday 7 February 2012

POSTER DESIGNS AND RESEARCH - 100 THINGS

POSTER RESEARCH - SIMPLE//DESIGN//MESSAGE

www.google.com/images




I have started to look more closely into the simplicity of poster design and have selected these designs. I feel that they relate to my ideas and design work as they all develop a very simple message that is not patronising now is it hard to follow. The main function is to develop an image and allow an audience to be intrigued by the poster itself. The message on each of these designs is clear and precise and allows the audience to apprichete the portrayal of the message through design and layout. 

DESIGN SHEETS FOLLOWING THE ABOVE POSTER RESEARCH


Firstly I wrote down the message I am trying o portray. That Fresh is Best is an Awareness campaign by the nHS and is put in place to advice//inform// and to educate overweight patients on healthy living. It is not a company and it only used within NHS. If a patient needs to now more information they simply ask NHS staff.  




Here are one design sheets for my logo ideas for FRESH IS BEST. I really want the design to be simple and quite balanced in quirkiness and realism. The target audience i am aiming for is those over the age of 20, as there are cooking methods etc and both genders. Even though there are more obese males then females within the UK, i feel that both audiences need to be targeted.

Therefore the logo needs to be suitable for both genders, The first colour that comes to mind is grey, black, re and orange. They all effect male and female genders and stand out against one another. Using different tones i can create balance throughout  my designs and create a logo that works.



I like the last logo design on the sheet below. I feel it develops a good eye-catching shape and the text is legible and realistic in it's form. The use of using 'script' creates a more friendly approach and also allows the audice to feel personal to the designs. The use of bold type is almost to overwhelming on the poster designs as the subject matter is quite emotional anyway. 


I feel that with the logo above i could generate a presettable and legible logo that could be placed on all of my poster designs for this subject.

Below are some designs for my poster which i feel would look quite effective. Using and basing my designs from the research at the top of the page allows me to develop a sense of good layout and simple design strauctire. The idea of having simple images makes the poster more easy to approach for my target audience. They are not bombarded with images of 'overweight' people but with a simple images that allows them to think about the message. 


I quite like the designs and i feel that with a close link of type and image i could develop these designs to become suitable for my end products. 


CREATING MY LOGO DESIGNS:


Script text is effective. Here i have used LOBSTER which is a type of text that allows free-flow throughout it. The design of my logo is extremely straight forward. It is simple and has a very basic layout which i feel makes it more attractive then something that is in your face constantly. 



For the informational section of the logo i had to use a bolder text to make it stand out against the background and to also allow the audience to read what fresh is best is about. The use of thawing this smaller is effective.



The shape tool allowed my to use the shape selected above as a main action of my logo. I changed my idea whilst developing my logo and instead of the text being inside the shape i decided to create the shape next to the text. It relates well with the text. It also looks hand drawn and therefore it can become personal to the audience also. 



Using - i -  in the design in a larger scale allows the poster to become personal - I THINK FRESH IS BEST - It allows you to be playful and to discover what the audience can actually do. If you I can instead of you can it places things in a different perspective a different mind set. It gives hope to the overweight audience that they can actually make the change instead of someone saying you can, in a patronising tone. 


THE RE-ARRANGMENT:


I decided to created some hearts with the line tool on Photoshop. The use of doing this alerted the fact overweight can lead to heart problems and also allowed for an image to co-enside with the text to create a more visual pleasing layout. 


I had to create a layout for the NHS so i used the logo from that and added a slogan or tag line. FOR OVERWEIGHT TO BALANCING YOUR WEIGHT - then i used the logo design - THINK FRESH IS BEST - but i placed it horizontally. By re-doing the logo design again i developed repetition but it was used effectively as it reminds the audience what they are reading about. 


FINAL LOGO DESIGN ON A2 SHEET - SIMPLE POSTER

No comments:

Post a Comment