Wednesday 8 February 2012

MODULE EVALUATION




  1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

Throughout this module I have developed skills on various types of research. I have branched out and used different methods of research skills such as Quantative and Qualative methods and First hand research. By using this it has helped me to develop my work and allowed me to efftively apply the information I researched into a visual format. I feel I applied these skills quite well to my blogging and final publications but I feel I could have enhanced these a lot further. I could of got more creative end products but with the information I gathered I feel if I would of made the end products intimidating it would of ruined the solution to my problem.


  1. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I have approached a selection of methods to my design production and I feel that they have informed and developed the development process. I have undertaken many design sheets, which offer different solutions. I have experimented with design sheets on publications branching from posters to stickers; I have also developed design sheets on layout/context/content/colour/variation and the relation between type and image. I feel that these methods have allowed me to experiment and relate my ideas to the subject matter.
Creating illustrations and design pages on type and images separately I have been able to come up with some visually interesting layouts.


  1. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I feel that I have worked well on keeping my designs simple and to the point, which Is what I set out to do. I believe that they all work as a set due to this. I feel that I have also kept the colour scheme continuously and that the layout of my designs maintains the same structure through the use of pattern, symbol, type and image. I believe that they do work well as a set but feel slightly boring. I feel i have worked well individual hand in groups to develop my work further and to manta an equal balance and share of work. 



  1. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I feel that my designs are quite 2d and flat in comparison to other designs I could of created. I feel that I have played it rather safe and I don’t feel that the designs represent me a designer very well. I have not identified my target audience well and it is unclear what function the designs have. I feel that I focused too much on the design and les on the function of my products. Even if I had created a website as a link from the posters I feel that would of developed them further for the target audience.


  1. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

-       Function: Will be a main section of my work and allow me to portray ideas and solutions to my target audience. I will expect to gain a greater understanding of my work and it wil translate clearly through my publications
-       To develop and create design sheets further to gain more ideas and inspiration for design processes.
-       To allow extra time to change idea and add extra sections on – Develop time management skills. So that I do have time to make extra changes.
-       To experiment further with design – not stick to the usual posters/flyers, I need to develop confidence in other aspects f design so I can use them in the future.
-       I will use illustrator to create more designs – to develop my skills as a designer.  



No comments:

Post a Comment